Dentist in Fort Frances, ON
The brief descriptions below are designed to familiarize you with our staff's training, professional credentials and work experience.
Dr. Michael Wu
I received my dental education from The University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry graduating with a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree, I also obtained a Bachelor of Health Science honours degree with distinction from McMaster University.
Upon graduating I practiced in Ottawa prior to coming to Fort Frances and becoming Dr. Kennedy's associate dentist. After seeing how much I enjoy the community and all it has to offer I decided to settle down and become a partner in 2011. As of the start of 2017, I am pleased to announce that I have become the sole principal owner of the practice. My abilities as a dentist are continually improving through education and training, as I want to provide the best possible care for my patients. It is an honour and priviledge to be able to serve Fort Frances as we have expanded our services not limited to general dentistry, but dentures, implants and orthodontics.
I am very excited to be now trained in phlebotomy to make PRF (platelet rich fibrin) and PRP (platelet rich plasma) for faster recovery from implant surgery. Our office now uses the latest computer guided techonology for our implant surgeries for more precise implant placements.
In my free time I am a health and fitness enthusiast. You may find me working out at the gym or training with my friends.
Dr. Alina Kofyrina - Dentist -
I received my Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from University of Western Ontario in 2016. I practiced dentistry for 3 years in Southwestern Ontario
prior to moving to Fort Frances in 2019. Fort Frances appealed to me as a close-knit, welcoming community and my first year living here met all of my expectations!
I enjoy practicing all aspects of dentistry. What motivates me in my job is helping patients, treating their pain, and putting a smile on their face.
Whenever I am not working, I like to spend my time outdoors - hiking, kayaking, or doing yoga.
Patti Boileau- Dental Hygienist
- I graduated from The University of Manitoba in 1979. I have been one of the valued dental hygienists at the office for nearly thirty years. I love to share my knowledge and experience and find great rewards in educating patients on optimal oral health.
- I take pride in being able to provide a service that allows people to feel confident about their smiles. Due to my gentle and calming disposition my patients feel comfortable and relaxed throughout their visit. I keep my skills current by attending continuing education courses and seminars.
- I spend my spare time with my husband and children enjoying our cottage at the lake.
Kellianne Elizabeth Legg- Dental Hygienist (CDA II, RDH)
- I have a passion for teeth! It all started with a great experience as a child where my dance teacher was also my hygienist. From there it only grew. I participated in a high school co-op which only proved I was headed in the right direction.
- I graduated from the Dental Assisting program in 2011 from Fanshawe College. I trained directly with the dental students from The University of Western Ontario where I learnt a lot and strengthened my love for dentistry. I loved assisting, however knew I needed to continue my education for the love of the profession.
- I graduated from the Dental Hygiene program in 2015 from Algonquin College. I am continuously learning through my continued education which I love sharing with my patients.
- While I was in school I worked administration at Trillium Dental in Ottawa where I eventually worked at as dental hygienist until moving here.
- In my spare time I spend time with my children being the best mom I can be.
Dental Support Team
Kathy Lampi-Office Manager
Donna Johnson-Appointment Coordinator
Ashley Sisco-Office Assistant/Dental Assistant
April Labbe-Office Assistant/Dental Assistant
Danielle DeGagne (CDA II, RDH)-Office Assistant/Dental Assistant